Le Parfum x ScentXplore
Trip to NYC – Promotional Giveaway Official Rules
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Article 1 – Eligibility
Article 2 – Giveaway
Article 3 – How to Enter
Article 4 – Limit
Article 5 – Agreement to Official Rules
Article 6 – Winner Selection and Notification
Article 7 – Prize
Article 8 – Disclaimer
Article 9 – Winner Publicity Requirements
Article 10 – Release of Liability / Conditions of Participation
Article 11 – Force majeure
Article 12 – Disputes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS GIVEAWAY. A PURCHASE COULD INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
BY ENTERING THE GIVEAWAY, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH FORM A CONTRACT. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS ON THE PART OF THE ENTRANT AND A LIMITATION OF THE ENTRANT’S RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
ARTICLE 1 – Eligibility
The Le Parfum x ScentXplore Trip to NYC Promotion (the “Giveaway”) is only open to legal residents of European Union, Canada, USA, South Africa, United Kingdom, Ireland, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines and Singapore who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or at least the legal age of majority in the country in which they reside at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). A valid passport is required for international destinations. In order to participate in the Giveaway, all personal data and contact information provided by the Entrant must be truthfully disclosed and without error. Entrants may only participate under their own name and not in place of another person. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to win a prize: (a) directors, members, partners, employees, consultants or agents of Sponsor or Administrator and their respective affiliates, and each of their respective companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, (b) suppliers of goods or services in connection with the Giveaway, including individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Giveaway; and (c) persons who (i) are in the immediate family of any person in any of the preceding categories (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, spouse, grandmother, grandfather, children or grandchildren), regardless of where they live, or (ii) reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. All eligibility is subject to all national, provincial, municipal, territorial, federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of Le Parfum haute magazine, part of La Parfumista B.V., Floridadreef 100 3565AM Utrecht, The Netherlands (the “Sponsor” or “Administrator”).
ARTICLE 2 – Giveaway
The Giveaway begins on Friday, July 30th, 2023 at 05:00:00 p.m. Central European Time (“CET”), and ends on Wednesday, October 31st, 2023 at 11:59:59 p.m. CET (the “Entry Period”). A random drawing will be conducted on Friday, November 3rd, 2023. The winner will be announced on November 3rd, 2023, in our e-newsletter and social media channels.
There will be one (1) unique random drawing to award one (1) Prize. Entry in the Giveaway does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest, giveaway, or competition. By participating in the Giveaway, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these rules, the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and the Administrator whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review in any forum. Entries submitted after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
ARTICLE 3 – How To Enter
There is only one way to enter: by submitting a fully completed website form on the Giveaway page of the Le Parfum website (https://www.leparfummagazine.com/giveawaynyc/) during the Entry Period. Every fully completed submitted form counts for one entry. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications of the Giveaway may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. With submitting an entry, the Entrant agrees to the Giveaway’s Official Rules.
There are two ways to increase your chances of winning:
- Chance booster 1: share a post on your Instagram feed about Le Parfum magazine chapter 2 using the hashtags: #leparfumgiveaway and #scentxplore2023. Promoting Le Parfum chapter 2 on your social media will count for an extra entry in the Giveaway. The extra entry after posting on Instagram can be redeemed by filling in YES on the website form on the chance booster 1 question and filling in your Instagram username before submitting. More posts on Instagram do not count for extra entries. The exposure will be reviewed by the Administrator (Le Parfum needs to be visible in text and image/video, and be posted with the hashtags #leparfumgiveaway and #scentxplore2023).
- Chance booster 2: add the unique code on your golden ticket in the Le Parfum chapter 2 mystery box to the website form before submitting. Each Le Parfum Chapter 2 mystery box, that can be ordered through https://www.leparfummagazine.com/product/le-parfum-mystery-box-2/, during the Entry Period contains a golden ticket with a code written on it. This code is personally attributed to the customer who ordered the mystery box on the website and is therefore non-transferable. The code can be used only once by entering it in the website form on the Giveaway page of the Le Parfum website. Entering your unique code will count for five additional entries in the Giveaway.
Entrants may only enter the Giveaway once by submitting a fully completed website form on the Giveaway page of the Le Parfum website. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the laws of the Giveaway, your submission may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Your submission can be boosted to a maximum of seven entries in total, including the extra entries which can be earned by the two chance boosters. (1) By submitting a fully completed website form on the Giveaway page of the Le Parfum website counts for one entry. (2) Promoting Le Parfum chapter 2 on social media (with above mentioned requirements) adds one extra entry. (3) Purchasing the mystery box and including the unique code to the form adds five more entries to your name. Every Entrant can submit one form on the website, so if you want to make use of the extra chances to win, the actions have to be taken before submitting the entry.
ARTICLE 4 – Limit
You may enter one (1) time by submitting a fully completed website form on the Giveaway page of the Le Parfum website (https://www.leparfummagazine.com/giveawaynyc/) during the Entry Period. Entries in excess of any stated limitation, and entries generated by script, macro or other automated means, or any means that subverts the entry process, will be void. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry, and reserves the right to reject any submissions that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of Sponsor’s policies, standards, or practices. All materials and entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
ARTICLE 5 – Agreement to Official Rules
Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to comply with the Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and legally binding in all respects.
ARTICLE 6 – Winner Selection and Notification
A random drawing will be conducted on or about Friday, November 3rd, 2023 by the Administrator from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
For the Prize, valued at €3,500 EUR, the Administrator will select a potential winner from all entries during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail or phone using the contact information provided by the potential winner at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential winner does not respond with requested information and documentation [see section 7] within fourteen (14) days of the first notification attempt, or if prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential winner will forfeit the prize and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner has not complied with the Official Rules, or declines a prize for any reason, such potential winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected.
ARTICLE 7 – Prize
Only the prize listed below will be awarded in the Giveaway.
One (1) Prize: a trip to New York City, United States of America, (valued at €3,500 EUR) from November 30th, 2023 to December 3rd, 2023, to visit the international niche perfume convention ScentXplore (https://scentxplore.com/) held on December 1st and 2nd, 2023 in New York City. The Prize includes for the Winner and his invitee:
- a flight to New York City from country of residence (regardless of which airport)
- three nights accommodation for two adults
- two-day free entry at ScentXplore for two persons (worth €170 in total, sponsored by ScentXplore)
- 2x a surprise box with perfume goodies (worth €360 each, sponsored by ScentXplore and Le Parfum, to be sent to the home addresses of the Winner and his invitee).
The Prize will be awarded to one Winner, who is allowed to (but is not obliged to) take one guest (invitee) to join the trip. The guest must comply with the Eligibility as determined in Article 1. Eligibility. If the Winner decides not to bring an invitee, the invitee’s expenses will not be reimbursed, and the trip will be arranged only for the Winner. The accommodation and flight will be booked by the Administrator and is predetermined. The Prize does not include ground transportation and other expenses and incidental travel costs, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport and luggage fees, service charges, or facility charges. Additional spending money, additional meals, taxes, insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges, and all other ancillary costs are not included and are the winner’s responsibility unless otherwise stated. Additional airfares are not included in the prize and are the responsibility of the Winner. It is the Winner’s responsibility (and their invitee’s) to arrange their transport to be in time for the flight and at the departure destination. In case the Winner and/or invitee misses the flight, rebooking the flight is at their own expense. It is compulsory that the Winner and invitee take out comprehensive travel insurance before they travel and have a valid passport and visum (if necessary).
As a prerequisite for receiving a prize, potential winners will be required to sign (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility; (b) an Agreement of Publicity (except where prohibited); (c) a liability release; and (d) return each of the properly executed documents to the Administrator within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification. A potential winner who satisfies all of the Giveaway requirements, including, without limitation, those set forth in this paragraph, will be designated the official winner (the “Winner”).
The Winner will not receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail value of the prize. Sponsor and/or Administrator will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen prizes, tickets or passes. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable, and no substitutions will be made except as provided herein, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a particular prize for one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for any applicable local income taxes. In case the Winner is not (or no longer) available on any of the days of this NYC trip (November 30th to December 3rd, 2023), the prize will be given to another Potential Winner who has submitted a valid Entry.
ARTICLE 8 – Disclaimer
Subject to applicable laws, Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Giveaway. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, subject to applicable laws, prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, and sponsor hereby disclaims all such warranties, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and/or non-infringement.
ARTICLE 9 – Winner Publicity Requirements
Acceptance of the prize shall constitute the Winner’s agreement and consent for Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name, likeness, photo, avatar, and/or prize information (including, without limitation, city and state of residence) in connection with this Giveaway for promotional, advertising or other purposes, in any manner, worldwide, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration.
ARTICLE 10 – Release of Liability / Conditions of Participation
- Transmission of Information. Sponsor, the Administrator, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns (all collectively the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant or not, printing, typographical or other errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in (a) the administration of the Giveaway, (b) the uploading, processing, or random selection of entries, (c) the announcement of the Winner or potential winner, or (d) the prizes or any Giveaway-related materials; (5) late, lost, garbled, misdirected, inaccurate, incorrect, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or mail; (6) costs associated with claiming or redeeming the prizes; and/or (7) losses or damages resulting from an Entrant’s connection to the Internet via any of the websites referenced herein. The Released Parties are not responsible for any (a) incorrect, mistranscribed, misdirected or undeliverable entries or e-mail transmissions, (b) incorrect announcements, (c) technical problems, including, without limitation, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, or any hardware/software, (d) lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, or (e) a combination of any of the foregoing. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for (i) late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries, (ii) undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client, or (iii) insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any damage (whether material or non-material) caused to Entrant’s computer equipment or to data which is stored on such equipment, or to Entrant’s personal, professional or commercial activities. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator.
- Fraud; Reservation of Rights. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify this Giveaway, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factors impair the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway, (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or (c) acting in an dishonest, fraudulent, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, and to void all associated entries. The preceding remedy in no way precludes Sponsor from taking legal or other actions against such individuals so as to protect its rights. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules in a given circumstance does not constitute the waiver of such provision.
- Release and Indemnity. By participating, Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties, and agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold the Released Parties, and the other persons and entities involved in the development, production, and/or administration of the Giveaway, harmless, from any and all liability for losses, harm, damage, injury, costs, fees, and expenses, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, arising from participating in the Giveaway, any Giveaway-related activity, and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize, and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
ARTICLE 11 – Force Majeure
If, for any reason, the Giveaway (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of computer virus, bug, system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, earthquake, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, terrorist activity, civil commotion, governmental regulation, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in its sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Giveaway (or any part thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway, or to thereafter conduct the Giveaway by selecting the prize winner(s) for affected Giveaway drawing from among all eligible entries received for such affected Giveaway drawing prior to the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
ARTICLE 12 – Disputes
Except where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Giveaway, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) all claims must be resolved in the state or federal courts located in the Netherlands; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event including attorneys’ fees; and (d) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to, any indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, or damages of any kind (other than actual out of pocket expenses), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of The Netherlands, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of The Netherlands or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the law of The Netherlands.
The best of luck!